RF and Microwave Hardware Engineer | X-Microwave | Austin, TX
X-Microwave is experiencing substantial growth at our facility in Austin, TX. We are seeking top talent to join our team.
As a Hardware Engineer at X-Microwave, you will work with an innovative team to develop new products that accelerate RF and Microwave design, prototyping, and production. You will work from the component and schematic level to the system level bringing new technologies and customer designs to life. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment. Every position is hands-on with the expectation that you will follow your work through the design and manufacturing process all the way to the shipping table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in microwave circuit design to component level, including amplifiers, LNAs, mixers, block converters, and synthesizers.
- Experience designing, testing, verifying, and shipping both products and systems
In this role you will:
- Work within a team and own your work from initial design to shipping
- Perform cascade analysis. Simulate and optimize circuits.
- Build test benches from DC to 110 GHz
- Evaluate your designs and customer systems in the lab
- Work with a cross disciplinary team of pcb layout designers, assemblers, and technicians
Required Skills and Experience
- Skilled at design, test, and verification of components and systems
- Design for high rel or space applications
- Use of RF and Microwave / EM simulation software
- Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators
- Familiarity with RF circuit production workflow, both surface mount and DIE
- Analytical, problem solver and skilled communicator
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. person. A U.S. person is defined as a person (as defined in 22 CFR §120.14 of this part) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
X-Microwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer